Friday, March 03, 2006

Tampon Oddities

A couple funny things about tampons. They were on my "to-buy" list today, so I took a few minutes to gander at the available varieties. Did you know, that 'junior size' Tampax brand only come in the multi-packs. You can't buy them in a box by themselves. You can buy an individual box of regular or super or even super plus, but not junior. I find this odd. Or, maybe they just aren't available at Wal-Mart. Let me know if you see a box somewhere. I'm curious.

Here's another thing that is odd and a bit annoying to me. So, I settled on Security brand. I know, probably too much information, but hey, too bad, it's like talking about shampoo, so who cares. Anyhow, I bought a multi-pack with different absorbencies. When I opened the box to put them away, it was actually two separate boxes inside. What a waste of cardboard! I could have easily picked up two separate boxes on my own, I was trying to conserve cupboard space. Tampax doesn't do this. Their one box is neatly sectioned off into three individual sections. The sensible thing to do in my opinion. The Security guy in charge of packaging should be fired for wasting company money.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laughing about your "waste of cardboard comment". Would be a great line to add to the list of: "You have lived in Germany too long if..." LOL

10:37 AM EST  
Blogger nicole said...

That is so true...I'm now remembering ALL of the things that are so "new" to me still in the states. I got so used to settling for one or two options on most things...will it be tampax or kotex?? Now there's so many! Ha ha...:)

12:18 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can buy the Tampax Lites/Juniors separately - I did - at drugstore.com. Hope this helps.

4:06 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home