Friday, March 03, 2006

A Trip to Wal-Mart

I stopped by Wal-Mart today to pick up some tortilla chips that they had on sale. The chips were even cheaper than what the add said. It made me happy to save the money. But, I was also disappointed because they were out of pretty much everything else that I shop specifically at Wal-Mart for.

First there are the Wal-Mart brand fruit punch packets for water bottles. Since I have a drinking problem, I sometimes get tired of plain water and like to spice things up with these handy-dandy little items. They are great! I usually make them in my 32 oz clear plastic tumblers, purchased at Wal-Mart for about $1.35 each instead of water bottles. I have a few left, but will be upset if I run out. Sure, I could buy the Crystal Light packets, but who wants to pay around $3.69 for what they can get for $1.79? So, my fingers are crossed that they will have more soon. (A side note, I know that I could buy the tub mix, and I do sometimes, but I am lazy and would rather not have to wash the pitcher.)

Then, there were the lemon cakes. I found a very tasty treat by mixing Cool Whip Free with frozen red raspberrys that have been thawed and then breaking a Weight Watchers lemon cake over it. Well, Wal-Mart had chocolate and carrot available, but were out of lemon. Crap, strike two! I bought Twinkies instead, not quite as good for me, but I know the husband will be happy.

I was having no luck. They don't carry olive oil Pam, no frozen cranberries, no low-fat Little Debbie oatmeal cream pies (which, I can not find anywhere in Fayetteville, if you care), and no square glass canisters. But, I got sale tortilla chips!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean with "Drinking Problem?" Are you talking alcohol? :)

10:30 PM EST  
Blogger Christina/Christy/Chris said...

No, don't worry, I won't have to look for the local AA meeting anytime in the near future. I like wine now and then and wouldn't hesitate to go out with friends for drinks, but it's not a problem. I simply consume a LOT of water on a daily basis. The "required" 64oz a day ain't nothin'. ;)

2:37 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home