Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A Crazy Week

I just realized that I haven't written in a week. I am simply feeling a bit overwhelmed right now. That along with feeling as if I am not being as productive as I would like to be. So, here's the out of the ordinary that has been going on.

Our internet service has been acting up. I finally called about it today and I guess there's something going on with the line. The guy on the phone used the analogy of a clogged drain. Someone is supposed to be here tomorrow afternoon to check everything out. "Yeah!" for Sprint's customer service, they were awesome.

Tricare (medical insurance) makes me crazy. Last week I went to have a prescription filled at the local Army hospital. Since I have never attempted this before, it was quite an experience. I had no idea what I was doing and I felt like an idiot. It involved taking a number and then talking with a lady who was about as friendly as the church lady and then waiting for my name to appear on a board and then waiting in line. It took over an hour in all. Nope, I didn't expect that! Good thing I brought a book. Then, I tried to make an appointment . . . well I did make an appointment, but navigating the system to do it was not so much fun. I am having a couple moles checked out in about three weeks (allegedly the earliest available appointment date). I hope they're not cancerous. Three weeks! Plus, I am guessing that I will be referred out because these babies are coming off if I have anything to do with it. They worry the hypochondriac in me.

The 'service engine soon' light came on in the car, so that had to be fixed. Almost $800 later, it's all good. Granted, that price did include some routine maintenance, but "ouch!" for my budget. Oh, I failed to mention that it was a half-day affair. Fun, fun.

As part of my never ending quest for beautiful skin, I did have a facial today. That was rather nice. Although I don't really find it all that relaxing, the cozy warm bad gave me time for a quick cat nap while I was masking. Tomorrow, it's more pampering time for me. I am getting a very overdue haircut and highlight. If I would have waited much longer I would have a ponytail holder mark permanently embedded in my hair. It needs to be done, but I don't feel that I should be taking the time.

Finally, the 'big test' is going. . . okay thus far. I lost one book that I used to own and am having several shipped in from various libraries so that I have enough sources. I am finding that the sources are the most difficult part of the whole ordeal. Seven are needed per question. It seems like a lot, but I guess that's the bases of informed research. Exactly why I will never be a researcher . . . I just don't care that much.

I hear the husband clicking away at the keypad on the phone which has just reminded me that I still need to make an appointment for our washer to be repaired before the floor under it rots. The part to fix it was suppose to be ordered two months ago, but the repairman never called back to say it was in. And, I have been accidentally forgetting to call him for that same time period. With my luck these days, we will be looking for a new washing machine this weekend.

On a definite up-side, the weather has been beautiful lately. It was in the 70s today and is suppose to hit 80 tomorrow. I am loving it! Life is crazy, but life is good!

1 Comments:

Blogger 4HB ME said...

Okay, Christy - I thought moving back to the States is supposed to mean that everything will be more convenient! You're blowing that out of the water for me! Well, at least the daily grind will be dealt with in English! I'm jealous of your weather - cold and still snowing, here!

12:58 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home