Sunday, January 29, 2006

Fingers and Toes

Nailpolish is so very overrated. I wrote in earlier about the spa day that my husband had given me for Christmas. Part of the package was a manicure and pedicure.

My feet look absolutely beautiful! There smooth, but not too smooth (it would hurt too much when I worked out on them) and my piggies are bright pink. I just think they are too cute. Yes, I actually like my feet.

The manicure on the other hand was a flop. It is just two days later and I have already taken off the polish. It was peeling. My finger nails are short. With all the typing that I do, it drives me crazy to have long nails. Plus, I think getting stuff stuck under my nails is absolutely disgusting.

I had acrylic nails for about three years. Looking back, I wonder how I ever managed. I typed a lot then too. Maybe it's just me in my older "more mature" state that finds the length thing a complete annoyance when I am clicking away on the keyboard. I have been known to clip off my nails even when they are beautifully the same length and protruding about 1/4 inch from my finger simply because they are driving me crazy while I type.

And then there is the issue of polish. This was the first time I had my finger nails polished in years -- really, I can't remember the last time I polished my finger nails. It always seems to peel off and flake and it is very noticeable when they start to chip. My toes on the other hand remain covered with polish most of the time. I just think that toes look better when they have a little color to them. My color of choice . . . Channel Ruby Slippers (Yes, it is red, just like Dorthy's ruby slippers without the glitter). It is the only bottle of colored polish that I own, I have a bottle of clear top coat too.

Sure, toes get covered up, but that's part of the beauty with them. If I get lazy and don't feel like changing the polish when it starts to grow out (my toenail polish never seems to chip or peel) I can simply cover my feet with socks or shoes and no one will ever know the difference. I could also care less if my toenails are stained yellow from the absence of a base coat. After all, if they are showing, they will be polished and no one will ever know their color underneath. Well, I guess those who are reading this will know now.

So, I guess that my beginning statement is false, nailpolish is not exactly overrated. I don't know how I would ever cope without it on my toes. But, I will stick to my theory that it is just too time consuming and impractical for the fingers. My fingers at least
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home