Sunday, January 22, 2006

Search Engines & Shopping

I know, I am cheating on my homework, but I really haven't had too much thought the past couple of days. Life in my world is fairly boring and gray. I haven't had any real creative anything going on in my head.

So, let me fill y'all in on the past couple of days. Friday, I think I did nothing. Yep, it was so exciting that I don't even remember it. I do recall thinking that I had absolutely nothing to blog about. Oh, I did some homework and found that there are a lot more internet search engines out there than I ever imagined. So, research should become easier.

Yesterday I went shopping and got some great deals. I bought two pairs of great running/workout shoes for get this . . . $30 total -- for both pair! This is a BIG deal. I am always saying "It's not fair" to my friend Vianne who always seems to get great deals on shoes because her feet are small. So, I am very excited that I was able to find cheap shoes! I also dug through the sale racks and took advantage of another store's 'early bird' 20% off of their already 60-75% off clearence racks and then an additional 15% of that price with a coupon. It was great! I got 3 skirts, the perfect pair of dark gray dress pants, a cashmere sweater, two fancy tank tops, a blazer, a pair of lounge pants, and a hoodie all for less than $100.

I put away all of my finds this morning. I also decided to hang up some of the clothes that were piled and forgotten after moving. I have come to the following conclusion: I need to get rid of some of my stuff. I have 62 short sleeve t-shirts. Out of those 62, I probably wear about 20 of them. Others I keep around because 'I might wear them someday'. Rediculous! So, I am sending out an open invitation to anyone who knows me and would like to come pick up some free clothes that have most likely been worn once or twice. Give me a call and set up a date.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your finds. Boot season was good to me this year. I hope you are using those running shoes frequently!
Love, V

1:44 AM EST  
Blogger CaliValleyGirl said...

When I was flying on vacation over xmas, while waiting in the terminal for my plane to start boarding, I was sitting next to a pretty large group. And the younger brother of one girl was teasing her, because apparently upon counting, it turned out that she was bringing 53 tops. I snickered quietly to myself, thinking what a ridiculous amount of clothing that was for a vacation. Upon unpacking my suitcase when I got to my destination, I decided to count how many tops I had brought with me...um...try 42. It's crazy how those things add up...I haven't even begun to count what is hanging in my closet at home now.

Congrats on the shopping finds...my personal favorite is Ross Dress for Less.

And I too am shirking on school work now...studying while using one's computer is a slippery trail.

Good luck!

5:44 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home