Monday, January 16, 2006

Potato Skins

How can people not like potato skins? I am not talking about the deep fried things filled with cheese. I am talking about the actual skin on a baked potato. Most of the time I see people eat the middle of the baked potato and leave the skin on their plate. It's a tradgedy! I think that the skin is the best part of the potato. We just had dinner at Ruby Tuesday's last night and I had a baked potato. I scooped out a majority of the middle, and ate the skin with a bit of butter and sour cream. It was great. It was the perfect conbination of crunchy and chewy that I can never seem to get when I bake potatoes at home. I know that I have Grandma M to thank for the discovery of the potato skin. She always told me that all of the good vitamins were in the skin of the potato. So, if you don't already, I encourage you to, the next time you eat a baked potato, give the skin a try!

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Coming from someone who is anemic, I know there is good iron in the skin of a baked potato. However, I don't eat the skins either! Maybe that's my problem.

I'm so glad you joined our blogging world. I'm really looking forward to reading yours.
Miss You!
Ang

10:36 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always eat the skin!
Did you ever try Red Lobster baked potato skin?

12:43 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christy,
To get the best potato skin...wash the potatoe, poke it and scrub it with sea salt, then bake unwraped in an oven at 400 for about 1 1/2-2 hours depending on how big it is. Your potato will be soft on the inside with a crunchy, chewy skin...perfect every time. Emrill taught me this.
Love, V

2:08 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home