Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Late Night Runs

I am kind of proud of myself today. I have my husband to thank for literally kicking me in the butt this evening. I was all dressed up in workout gear since early afternoon but had gotten side tracked and cleaned the garage instead. So, when he got home from work he saw me in my gym garb and asked if I was coming or going. I paused a little too long and he literally kicked me in the butt and told me to hit the pavement running. I am so glad that he is helping me stick to my goals! But, that's not what I am writing about this evening.

It was relatively late when I began running so it was kind of dark and the street lights were on. There was a fairly strong breeze blowing and it was probably in the low 60s. It reminded me of when I was in 8th grade. Next I will shed my "goody-goody" facade. . .

I used to sneak out of the house. Actually, I only did it twice. Where we lived when I was a kid was a split level house, so I slept downstairs and proceeded to pop the screen out and literally run to my boyfriend's house -- first boyfriend at that. (I know there are family members with eyes wide open right now, and thanks to a friend of mine, Mom & Dad already know.) No, it was nothing sexual, heck I don't know that I really knew what sex was all about at that age. But, I ran to his house and we would lie on a blanket and look at the stars, kiss a little bit, and then I would run home. Kinda crazy.

Looking back on those nights I have no idea why I did it. Young. Love. Hormones. Rebellion. Really, I don't know. It seemed like a good idea at the time. But tonight and having that memory flash across my mind made me smile.

It also occurred to me how much of my creativity comes from odd memories that just pop up like that one did. Life is full of creativity, or at least my life is. I have always loved to write and I am a packrat, so I have much of my old stuff. Maybe I will pull some of it out and share sometime. But, a large part of my personal creativity comes from my life experiences and memories. Just like the memory of my late night run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home