Monday, March 27, 2006

About Me

Aaahhh!!! The stress level in my life is slowly receding and I can definitely breath easier these days. I have caught up on homework and have come to realize that I only have a month left in my master's program. Of course that hinges on my passing the Comps as well as my current classes, but I have faith in myself.

My husband actually has four days in a row off so some quality R & R is planned. The forecast for the week is sunny in the 60s and 70s, so we are going to head toward the coast for an overnight getaway. There will be no swimming in the ocean, however a walk on the beach to gather shells as well as some quality seafood are on the agenda. I am looking forward to it.

Before we leave, I am feeling inclined to play along with my friend and fellow blogger Nicole's snippet of "about me" material. So, here are a few things about me.

Three Names You Go By:
1.) Christina
2.) Christy
3.) Chris
(I have no preference for which of these three
people call me.)

Three Things That Scare You:
1.) Stupid drivers
2.) The potential death of friends and family
3.) Walking down bleacher steps

Three of Your Everyday Essentials:
1.) Caffeine, particularly coffee
2.) A shower
3.) Sugar laden food (I have a horrible sweet tooth.)

Three Things You Are Wearing Right Now:
1.) Dark blue 'wife beater style' tank top
2.) Dark blue zip-up hoodie
3.) White socks

Two Truths and a Lie:
1.) I once walked for over 20 straight hours in order to raise money for charity.
2.) I once drove my car through the rear wall of my parents' garage.
3.) I once won money by betting on the TV show Survivor.

Three of Your Favorite Hobbies:
1. Reading
2. Learning about and trying new things
(like gardening, home improvement, health)
3. Organizing things around the house

Three things you want to do right now:
1.) Take a real vacation (at least a week)
2.) Hang out with my far away friends
3.) Eat

Three Things You Want to Do Before You Die:
1.) Make a real difference in someone's life
2.) Finish my "to do" list (it's long and includes things like...go on an African Safari, visit Alaska, see the pyramids, be fluent in a foreign language, etc.)
3.) Be truly happy with who I am

Three Ways that you are Stereotypically a Girl/Guy:
1.) I love wearing skirts.
2.) I enjoy being pampered.
3.) I can spend all day shopping.

2 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

#2 makes me want a massage...ahhh :)

9:24 PM EST  
Blogger Christina/Christy/Chris said...

The lie in the two truths and a lie is #1 ... I never walked for 20 hours. Numbers 2 & 3, yep, those are all me. I even have witnesses who will verify the truths.

10:44 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home