Thursday, November 02, 2006

Undependable

I know that I promised an update close to a month ago, and that I am very undependable when it comes to writing. I have things to tell but I am simply too lazy at the end of the day to sit at the computer and type. Plus there are too many good shows on television this fall. The weekends have also been chock full of activity, so my lackadaisical Saturday mornings in front of the computer just haven’t happened either.

Work is great. I love my job. After working for non-profit agencies for the past five years, I really don’t know if I could go back to working in the money hungry corporate world. Here is one reason why. This past Saturday I was part of an event called Scouting for the Cure at a mall in Raleigh where girls learned about breast cancer and breast health. There were different activities for various age levels, but I thought that it was great that young women could be educated about breast health so publicly. I was even given the opportunity to learn what a lump might feel like with a hands on demonstration (silicone, not actual flesh). I am a good girl who attempts to do her monthly self-examination, but I have always wondered if I would even know a lump if I felt one. Anyhow, it was great to see the taboos that go along with the female breast fly out the window.

Lots of work related stuff going on but I am attempting not to bore you too much. Husband is gearing up for late nights, early mornings, and lots of weekend work over the next several months. His unit just picked up a group of reservists yesterday who are here until early 2007 for training. As for the job search…no word yet…there have been some complications. It’s a long story of which I will probably never write about, but I am still sending my positive energy to the decision making and all powerful ‘headquarters’.

November promises to be lots of fun. I think that every weekend is already booked. I am helping with the Science Safari (work related) this weekend. (And, you thought that the Girls Scouts only sold cookies!) Next weekend I am flying into D.C. to spend the weekend shopping and catching up with a friend from Germany. The following Saturday I am hosting a party for the biggest game of the year…Ohio State v. Michigan. If anyone wants to come to NC for the festivities, simply e-mail me for directions. Then there is Thanksgiving. And, the next weekend is December.

Speaking of which, we are planning to drive to Ohio for the holiday. I am very excited about this little trip. The possibility of snow on Christmas Eve makes me very happy. And, as is par for the course regarding my fanatical packing tendencies, I will probably be planning for this trip all of December. I mean, who in the right mind would throw cloths into a suitcase the night before and call it good!!?? Oh, the issues with being me.

Anyhow, I must now get ready for work. If you are wondering about the time, I am going in late thanks to comp time for working Saturday, I was suppose to be at spinning class but I opted to sit on my fanny and write instead. I may share more about my laziness on a later occasion. On that note, Robin and Melissa, I need a swift kick in the a** to get me back into the gym please!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need one of those myself, Christy. I haven't been in ages...partially because of more hours out at Womack, but mostly because of laziness myself. Glad to see things are going well for you, although definitely busy.

3:05 PM EST  
Blogger Nicole said...

Glad to hear the job is going well and that you like it. (I guess we both learned that liking your job is important, huh? Lol...)Are you and your hubby still planning a trip to Atlanta?

2:20 PM EST  
Blogger The Monkey House said...

Best of luck on the job hunt! If you are interested in the Dallas area, I know some guys who know pretty much every HR guy in town! Let me know! Ang

12:05 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is your swift kick.... I will buy you a smoothie if you go to Group Power with me one of these evenings! Have a great time in DC and give your Germany friend a big hug for me!

9:26 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home