Friday, August 18, 2006

Turn Signals and Red Lights

So, I hate drivers. I seriously think that drivers in NC are the worst I have ever seen in my life! Am I crazy to think that a person should use a turn signal when switching lanes on the beltline around Raleigh in the middle of rush hour? Nah, a person simply changes lanes without out even looking to see that the girl slightly in front of them in the next lane, with her turn signal on, is starting to move over. Sometimes I wonder if I just got too used to being fully aware of everyone around me while driving on the Autobahn, then I think to myself," Self, no, drivers around here are just plain stupid."

And then there is the case of the guy hauling two lawnmowers in the back of his truck who doesn't stop for a red light. He just slows down and makes his right hand turn when he gets to the stoplight. Who cares if there is a little silver car with the right of way that he makes slam on its breaks and move over. Then when the car's driver looks over to make a dirty face because she is so incredibly pissed off, the driver is leaning against his open window talking on his cell phone.

I think I have about 50 other similar stories. But, I won't bore you. Consider this your warning...if your ever traveling through North Carolina, beware of the drivers.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Ditto, for COLORADO!!!!

12:40 PM EDT  
Blogger Robin said...

I completely agree with you! P. and I were actually just talking about the drivers here when we were driving back from Raleigh today. And remember - I learned to drive here! I've always thought the drivers here were stupid though.

Here's another one that pisses me off: I'm making a left turn through an intersection, having the right of way with a green turn arrow. The person across the intersection is making a right hand turn on red. The person across the intersection is going to have the nerve to try to intimidate ME and try to push me out of the way. I'm like this (insert expletive here) is trying to intimidate the wrong person! After driving in Europe for five years, it's not going to happen. Unless, of course, they're driving a semi - because those things drive way too fast here.

8:24 PM EDT  
Blogger The Monkey House said...

I think California may be worse. . .their manual for the drivers license test actually says that if you put your turn signal on to change lanes, the cars in the other lane are NOT expected to allow you time or space to enter their lane. NO COURTESY!! Everyone says the autobahn is scary, but at least people follow rules! Drive in the right lane. Get in the left to pass. Get back in the right lane. Why is this so hard for Americans??

12:41 AM EDT  
Blogger Nicole said...

I am chronically complaining about others' driving but then sometimes I wonder what kind of impression I leave with fellow drivers...

9:55 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home