Monday, June 19, 2006

Help Needed for White

All is well in Ohio. The first week has been pretty fun. Sister's graduation party went well, but now I feel like I need another vacation. It's amazing how much energy it takes to throw a soiree. We had only one mishap, that I am now looking for some advice on fixing. Here is the situation...

There was spaghetti sauce splattered on white pants and it doesn't want to come out. They have been soaked and washed, I tried oxy clean laundry, and spray-n-wash, but nothing seems to work. Does anyone out there have a magic formula for getting stains out of white cotton?

I know, a very minute dilema, but I love the pants. Any suggestions are welcome.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I know you are shocked but I spilled red wine on my favorite white pants... Aura told me to pour straight bleach on them and it worked. I did the same thing on the grass/mud stainds on I's soccer uniform, no problem although his number is a bit faded. Good luck.
Love, V

4:34 PM EDT  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm actually shocked that the Oxy Clean didn't work. I'm with V...since they're white the bleach should work.

4:55 PM EDT  
Blogger Nicole said...

I second (okay maybe third) the bleach suggestion but you might want to try the Clorox bleach pen. You have better control with it than you would with a bottle of bleach and it works very well. If you're worried about damaging the material, I would dilute the bleach first. :)

7:42 PM EDT  
Blogger Vicki said...

I have seen bleach eat holes right through clothes, namely jeans when it was cool to poor bleach straight on them. I know it smells aweful but Simple Green does wonders. I use it daily to get out baby stains and used it to get out red ink on Duffs uniform. Might be worth a shot and I know it won't make holes. :)

3:03 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got grape juice out of my daughter's shirt by soaking it in ice cold water for a few hours. I filled the sink up with cold water, then added ice cubes (more than 1X if necessary). I wasn't a believer when my friend suggested it, but I am now.

4:07 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vicky is right, don't do it...if it's not to late already..lol

12:35 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home