Saturday, July 08, 2006

Wimbledon

Okay, so I am posting twice in one day because there is something that I want to share that I think is cooler than NYC's Naked Cowboy in Antarctica. And, this my friends is the Naked Cowboy...
















Anyhow, about a year ago, we were in London and had the opportunity to visit Wimbledon during The Championships. Now, I am neither a huge tennis watcher nor player, however I watch every now and again because I think that what the players do is pretty darn amazing. I personally don't seem to have enough hand-eye coordination to hit that little yellow ball.

We actually went into the All England Club and watched a match on one of the smaller courts before watching the Williams v. Davenport final on the big screen on the grassy hill.







Well, the match that we just happened to watch live was a doubles match in which this year's lady's Wimbledon winner, Amelie Mauresmo, was playing against Martina Navratilova. Here are some pics of Mauresmo in action...



And this is how the match turned out...


Yeah, based on Mauresmo's win along with the World Cup finals, I guess we should keep the France jokes limited to the government this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home