Thursday, August 31, 2006

Reasons Not to Go

Why is it so gosh darn easy to be lazy? I have been really crappy about my gym time lately. During the past month, I have gone about once a week on average...and that's not good. So, after cringing at the sound of Foreigner on the radio upon waking, I made some sort of unconcious decision to be happy about the opportunity to get up so early in the A.M., rolled over and began crooning "I've been waiting for a 'boy' like you" to help Husband be happy about waking up too. (Yeah, that didn't really work!) I quite literally drug Husband, one foot and then the other out of bed this morning to go do PT.

And, as I sit here with my espresso, gathering the energy to venture outside, I can't help but think of some of the great excuses I have had for not going...
1. There's a tropical storm outside.
2. I worked all day and I'm too tired.
3. I had a late meeting so I deserve to sleep in.
4. Oops, I "forgot" to leave in time for class.
5. My MP 3 player's broken and I can't run without music.
6. I really need to clean the house.
7. The plants need watered worse than I need the gym.
8. The couch is just too comfy.
9. I need to balance the checkbook.
10. The shorts I want to wear are dirty; I should do laundry instead.

Well, no more excuses. I am off to wash my face and go get my spin on!

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

How's this for a reason to go...I'm coming with you!! See you soon.

7:35 AM EDT  
Blogger E said...

I can relate to #5. If my iPod battery is dead, that's a deal breaker. I pack up and head home!

8:56 AM EDT  
Blogger M said...

Now, now Missy!!!! You got me to join that gym, I better see you there from time to time!!!!!!

11:28 PM EDT  
Blogger 4HB ME said...

I HEAR YA!!!!!

My very valid reasons for slacking off on the workouts include moving, unpacking and the easily justifiable, "it's so much more important to spend time with the kids/hubby."

BUT gotta get back on that bandwagon. There are as many or more reasons (even including benefits to the kids/hubby) to get out there and be fit. Sigh....maybe tomorrow...

10:21 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home