Monday, April 10, 2006

Easter Candy

It may be due to PMS, but I am craving a chocolate bunny like crazy right now. So, instead of indulging, I am going to write about Easter candy. I think Easter day should be a time for the gluttonous consumption of sweets. The ‘cheap’ candy that is available around this holiday is some of the best that is out there.

I was cruisin’ down the Easter isle at a superstore last week and was amazed at the variety and shear amount of candy that is available. Just about any candy bar that is on the market has been created in the form of an egg. So, one really can’t go wrong in filling a basket with favorites. The speckled Whopper eggs caught my attention, I remember loving those things!

A few years ago the Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg would have topped my list, however now I don’t know that I could pinpoint one favorite. The Reese’s brand has outdone itself with the Reester Bunny this year. My mom got one of these tasty treats for my husband as an early Easter delight while she was here last month. Well, he was kind enough to share last week. The bunny has the same taste as the classic egg, just bigger. Diet aside, bigger is better, especially if one is a fan of peanut butter. Another favorite treat that has appeared during the past six years is the Reese’s Pieces Eggs. Again, I am a peanut butter addict, so these also top my list of must haves, giant Reese’s Pieces, yumm.

I remember being fascinated by Cadbury’s eggs They are the ones that look like a real egg inside. It is just gooey white and yellow sugar, but I thought that they were the coolest things on the planet when I was about seven. I still remember the commercial for them “Thank you Easter bunny! Bawk! Bawk!” I love that commercial!

I could care less about jellybeans unless they are Jelly Belly or Starburst brand. Any other bean is hit and miss. Peeps of any shape or color make me want to gag, unless they are melted in the microwave with chocolate and graham cracker. Please keep those marchmellowy little suckers out of my Easter basket!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You girls are killing me here!!
One is writing about losing weight and I feel bad, because I could lose a few pounds too and I was not pregnant. Now, I'm reading your blog and you make me hungry for chocolate and candies.

11:07 PM EDT  
Blogger nicole said...

I'm a slave to the Cadbury mini-eggs (Robin eggs). I'm embarrassed to say that Cole and I have already finished our third bag...and I'm planning my strategy oh how to secure as many as possible before the season is over...one week and counting...:)

12:55 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great Easter ~ enjoy all those yummy candies!
Patti

5:11 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home