Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Time Flies

Time sure flies when you're moving! As we contend with an April 17th closing date on a house, from 2,600 miles away, the month has sort of snuck up on us. Now I have too much to do and too little time to do it in. I think that every weekend until we drive out of North Carolina is booked, mostly fun stuff with a little work thrown in here and there.

This coming weekend we are off to DC. It will be husband's first visit to our nation's capital and a trip that I feel is absolutely necessary. I am really looking forward to it even though the weather people are forecasting rain. The cherry blossoms should be in full bloom and I think that the National Mall and its surrounding area is one of the most moving and beautiful spaces in the world. I guess that's the patriot in me coming out. Maybe I will actually take and post some pictures.

I will be traveling to Ohio for a long weekend April 25 - 28. So, if you are reading this and are in traveling distance to my hometown, I would love to see you. I think that I am going to have to put in an order for Aunt Louise's pecan pie and strawberry dessert. Local bakery doughnuts and the Pizza Palace are always must eats...hmmm I think it's about dinner time.

On the baby front, all is well. I was just at the doctor today and she said that there was lots of movement and a strong heartbeat. I am slowly but surely coming to terms and prepping myself for all of the changes that are to come. I guess it's the lack of fitting into my pants that it making it the most real. I am still refusing to wear maternity clothes, so my plethora of clothing has slowly dwindled to about five pairs of elastic waist pants and several skirts that I wear "Mama" (as in that all too funny 80's sitcom Mama's Family) style, nestled just below my tatas. Lovely!

7 Comments:

Blogger Bethnjeff said...

You will be the most beautiful and wonderful mother so enjoy those elastic pants and the food cravings....I am so excited for you!!!!

Miss you much,
Beth A

8:47 PM EDT  
Blogger Jennifer said...

There are so many cute clothes out in the stores that don't look like traditional maternity clothing. I think you should have fun with what you wear. I had to wear my husbands jeans because I still was in denial and did not want to buy anything. That pouch in front is awful, especially when you are only beginning to have a bump. Wear what is comfortable to you! You will be a great MOM!!

11:35 PM EDT  
Blogger E said...

Did you mean to write "surly" or was that a Freudian slip?! ;) Glad to hear your spirits are up!

11:40 AM EDT  
Blogger Christina/Christy/Chris said...

It was a slip that spell check didn't catch. Oops! I have added the appropriate "e" to the word.

8:43 AM EDT  
Blogger Billie said...

Late on the congrats....so congrats! I know how it is when it comes unexpectedly, but it gets better :). Keep us posted and enjoy the blossoms; they are beautiful right now! I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather.

10:13 PM EDT  
Blogger The Monkey House said...

For a while after your pants stop fitting you can use the rubber band trick. Hook a rubber band through the button hole. Loop it through itself so one end is attached and the other hangs out--hook that on the button, and voila--and extra 2 inches or so!

7:11 PM EDT  
Blogger Brandy said...

Hey Christy,
I don't know if you remember me, this is Brandy Frey, we were in Germany together. I caught your comment on Beth's blog and had to see if I took you right! Congratulations!! I am sure it is a big shock but you will come to love the idea. I am also expecting, I am due Nov 21st, it sounds like we are pretty close together. I hope you have been feeling well, the morning sickness can make not want to be pregnant for sure. Once it passes, and it will, I bet you change your mind dramatically. I am very happy for you. :)

9:11 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home