Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Very Good Year

I woke to Husband singing "The Birthday Song" this morning. Yes, him home this weekend is the best present ever! Yet, I am really quite bummed today. I was looking forward to heading out for a run this morning, but it is rainy and cold. Wet and frigid is no fun to run in, so I will sit and drink coffee and blog instead.

There is at least one day every 365 that I reflect and take note of the year past and the year ahead. This is that day. I sort of feel as if it is almost New Years resolutionish because of being so close to January 1st, but, it is NOT. This is all about me reaching goals and milestones and it was not my choice to have my parents procreate during the month of May.

That being said, year 33 was pretty good. No huge calamities. I completed a ten mile "race". I enjoyed several wonderful mini-vacations and weekend get-aways. Extended family has been around a lot and that has been wonderful. The time that I was able to spend with my parents was terrific. My Christmas cards went out on time. I finally had many questionable moles removed. I have cleared some of the clutter from the house, aka I've stopped being such a pack-rat. Overall, I was blessed with a very good year.

What is in store for year 34?

I plan to reach the goal of owning my first house. I have been shopping less to save more money for a down payment and I have been making lists. I have been really spoiled during the past six years when it comes to my shelter, especially my bathrooms, so I hope that my expectations are not too high. And, my fingers are crossed that we are relocated to the area that I really want to be in. (Update: No word as to where we are going. However, there may a be a post next Wednesday night as to the location. Hint, hint. Stay tuned.)

I am already well on my way to eating healthier and taking care of myself much better. And, as I am still in the midst of pondering my friend E's post, those who want to call me obsessive, be damned. I do not care! I will have great skin, great hair, a fit body, and if doing what it takes to take care of myself is deemed obsessive, I will wear the title proudly. I just wish that I was not such a frugal Franny these days. I would really like to add in facials and massages to my monthly routine.

I still want to jump from an airplane before we leave here. I just don't want to do it by myself. Sister-in-Law is supposed to join me, but if anyone else wants to take the plunge, I could use a back-up or two or three. I am not convinced that this goal will be met, however I am going to make a grand attempt.

I am also realizing that the "baby window" is quickly closing so a decision will need to be made soon. Although, I still do not feel like I am old enough to have children. It is a decision which is not mine alone either and it comes with so many unknowns. This subject could be a whole other post, so I will move on.

I hope to fit in a vacation. We have friends who are living in Montana right now that I would love to go visit this year. I have never been "out west". Again, that decision will have a lot to do with Husband's available time off. I would also like to vist other girlfriends around the country, however, that darn lottery just isn't giving me enough money to quit working!

Yes, year 34 holds a lot of promise. I am excited about the changes to come. I do believe that it will be a very good year.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone ever feels older than eighteen no matter how old they are. Its the main thing I've learned as I get older, its just your body aging and not your soul. That aside, I don't think anyone is ready for children untill yours is handed to you. I have never experienced anything so wonderful as the first time my baby smiled at me. Its one of those human experiences you shouldn't miss out on in life. I'm just saying. You wouldn't be disappointed.:) gina j.

7:40 PM EST  
Blogger Vianne said...

Happy Birthday my friend. You are a gift to me.

9:34 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and I hope year 34 brings wonderful things for you.

9:43 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home