Friday, November 09, 2007

Rent

I am very excited. First, because, it is cool enough that I can wear a sweatshirt and jeans to work today with my hair in a ponytail. (Yeah for casual Friday!) And, secondly, because Husband and I have an afternoon date tomorrow to see Rent in Raleigh. So, we get to play dress up, go to the theater, and then out to a nice dinner.

I have come to realize that I enjoy matinee performances more than evening performances for the simple fact that they usually end shortly before the dinner hour, thereby making dinner much more enjoyable. Rather than feeling rushed to finish so we make to the 8:00 p.m. performance on time, we can simply make reservations for after the show is over. That way, if we want to have a full bottle of wine and then coffee and dessert, we can, because we have no place else to be.

My mother-in-law made me think of something funny regarding Rent when I talked to her last night. I have no clue what the story is about. I know that I love the song Seasons of Love that they sing and I think that someone dies and I think it has some sort of love story attached to it, but beyond that I haven't a clue. I wanted to view the movie version months ago, but just never seemed to get around to it. Plus, the movie versions of plays are simply different. Regardless, I am certain it will be fabulous.

2 Comments:

Blogger Billie said...

Oh how fun! This really makes me realize I need to get out more to the theater and see more shows! My sister saw a performance of Rent a few years ago and loved it!

7:30 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved this show! Brian and I saw it in college. Hope you enjoyed it!

6:04 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home