Thursday, January 03, 2008

Goodbye Vacation

It is so hard to say goodbye to vacation. After a week and a half off, it is time to jump in the shower and go back to work. Yuck! Can I just be a stay-at-home wife? I could handle working out for a few hours every day and organizing the house until we move...seriously.

I began taking down Christmas decorations as soon as I returned home on Monday, but the tree is still up and fully decorated. The dining room table is covered in Christmas parafanalia. The coffee table is covered in Christmas parafanalia. And, there is a pile of Christmas pillows on the couch. How did that happen? Where did my time go? Why did I not get more put away?

It is not for laziness. I was busy from about 8:30 a.m. until around 11:00 p.m. for two straight days. I guess it just takes a while to unpack and catch-up on mail and email. I had returns to do and exchanges to make, car titling to take care of, bills to pay, and grocery shopping. Plus, prepping food to eat for the rest of the week so that I am not eatting junk. And, that naturally rolled into doing all of the dishes from all of the cooking. But, now I have applesauce and hummus and hard boiled eggs and chicken and grabbable veggies and even waldorf salad. Yummy for my healthy tummy.

I am looking forward to a short, two-day work week. I will then have another weekend to finish putting away the Christmas stuff. And, I should have some help since husband is planning a trip home this weekend. Yeah!

Speaking of husband. He has advised me that I need to set this blog to private in the near future. So, if you are a reader, let me know that you would like to continue reading and I will send you an invitation. I haven't even begun to look into how to go about privatizing yet, so it will be a little while (probably a few months). One more thing for the to-do list.

Well, hi ho, hi ho it's off to the shower I go...stay-at-home wife (*deep sigh*).

12 Comments:

Blogger Vianne said...

Hey Christy,
You would be bored as a stay at home wife, trust me! I have plenty to keep me busy, but I miss my work.

Please keep me on your reader list. What do you hear about your move?

5:14 PM EST  
Blogger Christina/Christy/Chris said...

We submitted our "wish list" and should have the location by the end of the month.

And, after the day I just had and what I have to look forward to tomorrow, I will reaffirm that I could handle the bordom for four months. Those dang responsibility and money issues get in the way though.

7:04 PM EST  
Blogger Angie said...

Howdy, Please add me to your list too :)

10:11 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Christy
Please keep me on your list. Hope you get your number one location choice!

8:30 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi

I saw your blog from last year concerning operaton cookie drop.
I am interested in this effort. Could you help me with some information on this?

8:18 PM EST  
Blogger Billie said...

Please add me, too. My email is bjemory@gmail.com

And Happy New Year!

Can't wait to find out where you go next :)

3:07 PM EST  
Blogger Christina/Christy/Chris said...

Anonymous,

I don't know how other states work, but in my part of NC, the Girl Scouts take monatary donations which in turn convert to boxes of cookies that are shipped to our Armed Forces overseas. So, in a nushell, you drop $50 into a specified donation can or hand it to the Girl Scout, and they take care of the rest. If you don't have a local council, let me know and I will be more than happy to put you in touch with mine.

6:35 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christy,

Keep me added too!

Miss you guys so much.

Beth Altmeyer

8:12 PM EST  
Blogger Nicole said...

Hey Christy,
Good luck with everything. We know two guys are going to graduate from the course in February and were pretty happy with their assignments. Keep me added to the blog. Cheers!

3:34 PM EST  
Blogger E said...

Of course I want an invite too! I understand the privacy thing--D. had real issues with mine being open. It's easy to switch. Let me know if you need any help.

10:01 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Christy-
Please add me to your list and hope you find out your destination soon!
Kelly

9:30 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christy I would really like to keep up on your news. Thank you... dedee.brown@us.army.mil

5:20 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home