Tuesday, April 01, 2008

No Congratulations Necessary

I have avoided a subject for quite a long time now. Why? Because Husband and I have been attempting to get our head wrapped around the news for the past twelve weeks or so. Although, given the day that it is, I could not think of a more appropriate topic to blog about or more appropriate timing. Even now, I am not going to say too much about the subject other than to let you know that if everything goes as as anticipated, our family is expanding by one in October, and this time it is not a furry or four legged addition (I hope). Yep, that's right, I am pregnant. Not exactly happily so and not really excited about it, however pregnant none the less. (We did not heed the doctor's warning that antibiotics can reduce the effectiveness of birth control pills.) I am certain that there will be much more to read on this topic in the future, but for now, no congratulations are necessary.

10 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Well I won't congratulate you yet, cause frankly gettin' pregnant ain't the hard part *wink wink* But it's gonna be great, just wait.

2:37 PM EDT  
Blogger E said...

I have to agree with Gina and don't worry, the idea will grow on you, literally and figuratively. A year from now you won't even remember what life was like pre-baby.

4:25 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, print that one out for the baby book. Its a real keeper.

10:10 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God's will be done, not ours.

3:12 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well well well, welcome to the ranks! You will both be great parents even if this wasn't in your "plan". In fact from here on out forget any kind of "plan" that is out the window. :o) We are happy for you.

6:47 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

guess I should have left my name....DUHH Guin

6:48 PM EDT  
Blogger Christina/Christy/Chris said...

So, anonymous #1, are you being sarcastic funny or sarcastic mean?

9:55 PM EDT  
Blogger Angie said...

Well, I'm going to be happy for you weather you like it or not :) I'm getting boxes of maternity clothes ready for you right now. I promise, you won't have to buy a thing. And I'm hoping you have a boy because I'll send you clothes for at least the first 2 years of his life!

Congratulations!

11:01 AM EDT  
Blogger M said...

No congratulations. We are so not excited for you. You guys will be horrible parents and your baby will not be cute at all. Now, reverse everything!!!! We love you guys!! Things will be just fine!

2:20 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christy... this child will be so blessed ... and will bring such blessings... God has such a sense of humor... giving us things that we don't think we want. Praying God shows you the joy. ~ De'Dee Brown

5:43 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home