Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Snow, Painting, and Crossing the Country

I can not believe it, but I woke up to snow today. Yep, that's correct, it is almost mid June and we got enough snow this morning for it to actually stick to the ground for a couple of hours. (I was going to take and post some pictures, but I was too lazy to dig out the camera.) The "locals" keep saying that this is not typical for June. I simply have to wonder what is typical these days. Absolutely nothing when it comes to the weather...anywhere. After our morning snow, we saw the sun briefly in the afternoon, and now it is raining. Layers, layers, layers when it comes to getting dressed every day. And, I am learning to always pack an umbrella.

I have spent the last couple of days attempting to paint the office. I say attempting because I am yet to complete the job. I am using a very dark blue (think Midnight Blue from the 64 pack of Crayolas) and it has taken me three coats to get the paint even. I am waiting for Husband to make it home to give me his two cents on whether or not I need to even out one of the walls. It is evenly covered, but for some reason, I feel that I can see roller marks. Nit-Picky, yes, but that's just the kind of girl I am, although I am quite tired of having blue paint everywhere. Then, he can help me move everything to the other side of the room so that I can work on the last wall tomorrow (and maybe the questionable wall too).

Now, as promised from my last post, here are a couple of photos from our trip across the country. It's funny that although we went through North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, South Dakota, Wyoming, and Montana, we only took pictures or stopped to "see the sights" in South Dakota.


Here we are at Wall Drug.
We by-passed The Corn Palace and quite a few others,
but we had to make at least one cheesy tourist attraction stop.



Here we are at Mount Rushmore.

A little lighter on the cheese factor and a

great opportunity to get some exercise as we hiked the trail.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home