Thursday, August 07, 2008

Help Wanted

I am looking for information on webcams. I know lots of you use(d) them during deployment situations and believe that you may be more knowledgeable than I on the subject. Are there some out there that would be better than others? Are they very difficult to set up? Are they pretty easy to use? Any information would be helpful. I am thinking about getting them for our future grandparents since we are over half a country away from them all. (They are a bit computer savey, but not too high tech.) Thanks, in advance, for your help with this. I look forward to reading lots of responses.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bethnjeff said...

Christy,

During the deployment I bought a farely inexpensive one from Logitech and it was great. It had a nice clear pictures and both Jeff and I were very pleased.

It was also very simple to install the hardware and connect. Hope this helps.

Beth A

3:54 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have Logitech on our desktop ~ super easy to use. FG is the only one who uses it to keep up with her friends in Okinawa. She's only 10 and figured it out.

7:11 AM EDT  
Blogger Angie said...

Yep, I have a Logitech too. I'd say the set up for webcams is very easy.

You just need to make sure that both of you have the same software so you can see each other. We use Yahoo Messenger to chat with Daddy in Iraq. It's free and works fine. We've even been able to call each other...very cool!

p.s. If you want to use "talk" make sure that you get webcam with a microphone already in it...that is, if you don't already have a microphone. AND I know my friend just got a new computer and her webcam and microphone were already on the monitor. I guess you could kill 3 birds with one stone if you needed to.

7:28 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home